Thursday, August 27, 2009

becoming grounded in inspiration

©2011 gary garbett.com
Admittedly, I've long been an artist that sometimes gets lost in the contemporary message of my work. I do after all own it and somewhere in my hellbent creative mind, it becomes almost gospel in its sacred delivery and message... even if viewers are sometimes left questioning why. Seems as artists, the world revolves around us. Imagine that. We absorb our surroundings, dissect it, rearrange it, and spit it back out to the world as a reinterpretation of the original... or transforming it into something totally original itself.

Though my art rarely displays it, one on the most rewarding and grounding times for me as an artist ...and as a normal Joe, is reconnecting to the gifts, spirituality, and honesty of nature. After having spent a few weeks in the concrete and steel of Washington, D.C. this summer, I committed myself to taking the long road home ... escaping through the Shenandoah Valley and the Blue Ridge Mountains. As its always been for me... it was a Godsend of beauty, sound, and a welcoming peace. I try to make room for these centering sort of road trips every few years and afterwards, I always wish I'd make time for more. Through my camera, my thoughts, and an endless open blue sky... I once again found me.

Its in those moments of tranquility that reconnect my soul, inspire my contemporary hellbent mind, and strengthen my passion for a creative, healthy, and grounded way of life.
Cheers...

No comments:

Post a Comment